Tuesday, October 8, 2013

May God bless us to listen to His Prophet and Apostles


As I listened to General Conference this past weekend
I felt the Love of God in my heart. Many times I felt if these talks were written just for me.

I will read these talks over and over again until I successful act on each one.
May God bless us to learn His will for us and give us the power to change for the better.

If you want to share your thoughts with me, please comment below
or send me an e-mail istmpnv@aol.com

Sister Graff


Saturday Morning Session

My heart is full as I think about how much faith God has in us to do his will and to share the Gospel of Jesus Christ with others. I know as we ask God in faith that he will guide us to know who to talk to and what to say when we talk with our friends and people we meet.  I have been blessed to be at the right place at the right time to help others and on one occasion that help led to me asking if they would be willing to listen to a 15 minute discussion about Jesus Christ. God will allow us to be a tool in His hands if we set time aside to seek and do his will.
Sister Graff 

Welcome to Conference

By President Thomas S. Monson


 I love when the conference talks are published so we can read them over and over again. Before I listen I pray and ask to see God's will and learn what he would have me DO. Then I try each day try to work the plan.  I know as we follow his plan for us he will help us develop a greater love and understanding for his children. We will be blessed with service opportunities and really make a positive difference in the lives of others.  Seeing God working through us brings us joy and peace. I feel so blessed when my help has lifted a burden or helped put a smile on someones face. 
Sister Graff


General Conference: Strengthening Faith and Testimony

By Elder Robert D. Hales

God answers my prayers.  Many times I asked for a specific blessing and he has granted it. Help to find something, help to know who to serve, assistance in a dangerous situation. Sometimes God  answers my prayers with a different answer than I was looking for but it always turns out better then I planned. A few times he has helped me see what to ask for when I pray.  A couple times he has answered in my mind while I was sleeping. I saw in my dream the answer I needed. I have had the spirit of God speak to me as if he was standing behind me. I remember looking around the room. Most of the time the answer comes as a thought in my mind usually accompanied by, warmth in my heart. I am so thankful God answers prayers. Sister Graff

The Windows of Heaven

By Elder David A. Bednar

I know that doubt and fear or any negative feelings come from the adversary.  I pray to feel Gods Spirit and feel his love. I try to live by faith and trust in his redeeming grace.  No matter how I feel before church each Sunday I always feel much better when I leave. We don't just go to church to listen, we go to serve and teach and learn. I am so thankful for the Sacrament that I can renew the covenants I made at baptism. I am so very thankful for the Atonement of Jesus Christ. I love my Savior and I want to do more to be like him.  Sister Graff

Come, Join with Us

By President Dieter F. Uchtdorf

Saturday Afternoon Session

 I love to start each day with scripture reading. Before I read I pray. Many times while reading I will feel a need to pray again. I love how I feel nourished and happy when I read scriptures daily. I can feel something missing if I forget to read. I know other church books help me feel the spirit too but I feel the Love of God strongest when I read from the Book of Mormon. I also have the Book of Mormon on CD and listen while I do my house hold chores. I believe having the scriptures playing brings a nice spirit into our home.  Sister Graff

The Key to Spiritual Protection

By President Boyd K. Packer

 

 I feel so blessed that my husband and I have been able to raise 4 wonderful children. Our children and grandchildren bring us so much joy. I am so thankful I was able to stay home and care for our children while they were growing up. I am so glad we had family prayer often as they were attending school. All the I have accomplished outside of the home has never brought me as much happiness or satisfaction as knowing I am a mother of an eternal family. I am so glad families are forever! Sister Graff

The Moral Force of Women

By Elder D. Todd Christofferson

 I love that he said be faithful with prayer, scripture study and church attendance. Attending church each week with friends who believe as I do gives me strength. As we share what we believe with each other our Testimony grows. I know these things, done often, help bring the spirit of the Lord into my life. "God's love is there for us even if we don't feel we deserve it." If you suffer from Depression, remember depression is a temporary thing... we don't have to let it win. God's power is so much stronger than that of the adversary. Have faith, Be strong, and Keep doing what is right. Eventually you will feel joy and happiness again and know God has been with you every step of the way.  Stay Hopeful! Sister Graff

Like a Broken Vessel

By Elder Jeffrey R. Holland

 Ask the people you know if they are willing to listen to a 15 minute discussion about Jesus Christ. Many people will say no but the few who say yes will bring you great joy and fill your heart with courage to keep asking others again and again.  
Pray each day to have missionary experiences, pray with your family and wach for opprotunities to share. We share what we believe out of Love. 
We know the Gospel of Christ has blessed our life and want our friends to see and feel God blessing their lives as well.  Sister Graff

Put Your Trust in the Lord

By Elder M. Russell Ballard

Priesthood Session


We memorize the Articles of Faith when we are young. We learn how to live them as we grow.  That way, when someone asks us what Members of the Church of Jesus Christ believe, we know what to say. We believe what we share is true. We believe in God the Eternal Father and in His Son Jesus Christ. Sister Graff

The Doctrines and Principles Contained in the Articles of Faith

By Elder L. Tom Perry

Don't give up, keep trying. No matter how many times we fall we need to get up and try again.  The love of God can change our hearts which can influence our minds and actions. We can become more Christ like in what we say and do. We can be filled with a love for others and have a desire to share with them the blessings God has given to us. 
Sister Graff

You Can Do It Now!

By President Dieter F. Uchtdorf



 Jesus Christ's Atonement takes away our sin when we repent. While in Gethsemane he also suffered our pains and grief, He has felt what we are feeling and knows how to care for us in our times of need. Turn to Him, trust in his Mercy and Grace. He can heal you.  Sister Graff

Bind Up Their Wounds

By President Henry B. Eyring


 Jesus Christ leads by example. We are his flock and know his voice. Follow him. Serve others in His name. Seek out the lost sheep and bring them back to the fold of God. Sister Graff

True Shepherds

By President Thomas S. Monson

Sunday Morning Session

Follow the commandments of God and we will be happy in this life and in the life to come.  Sister Graff

To My Grandchildren

By President Henry B. Eyring

I love the story Bonnie Oscarson told us about her Great Grandmother Isabel. How blessed we are for the Gospel of Jesus Christ in our lives. So glad to hear Isabel's mother did not let her trade her greatest blessing  for the material goods she was offered. Our Belief in Christ is something worth fighting for. Sister Graff

 We can be happy when we follow the Laws of God. Marriage between a man and a woman who are devoted to each other is God's way to raise a righteous family. We also need to see that we don't let hobbies or goals get in the way of putting God first in our lives. Sister Graff

No Other Gods

By Elder Dallin H. Oaks

I know the Mercy of Jesus Christ will help me overcome my weakness. Never give up trying, when we make mistakes. When I see I have made an error, I have learned how important it is to repent quickly and thoroughly so that I can receive Christ's help to become a better more Christ like person. Sister Graff

Personal Strength through the Atonement of Jesus Christ

By Elder Richard G. Scott

As we persevere and survive the trials of life our Testimonies are strengthened. We also become more understanding and empathetic to others. May each of us see God's hands in our lives as we look back and see where we have been and may we have added strength as we go forward with faith. Sister Graff 

“I Will Not Fail Thee, Nor Forsake Thee”

By President Thomas S. Monson

Sunday Afternoon Session

May we be blessed to seek the Lords will as we seek righteous pursuits and virtuous endeavors. May we also avoid spending excess time doing things that just don't matter. I gave up video games because I was wasting time playing them. What I thought would take 15 min ended up using a hour of my time. Once I saw how much time I spent playing games on facebook I had to give it up because I wanted more time to do things that would have more value to me and those I love.  Sister Graff

Lamentations of Jeremiah: Beware of Bondage

By Elder Quentin L. Cook

We know gender is a important characteristic, Adam, Noah, Abraham and Moses were chosen and ordained to administer Priesthood ordinances.. In our day John the Baptist, Peter, James and John restored the Priesthood to the earth through the Prophet Joseph Smith. Righteousness brings the power of the priesthood into our lives.    

Power in the Priesthood

By Elder Neil L. Andersen


Elder Terence M. Vinson in his lovely Australian accent gave a heart felt powerful talk about the Lord being with us in our times of need. I hope to remember his story about the fire and the rain cloud, as well as the arm draped over his shoulder by  Jeffrey R. Holland. I know the Lord loves us and would walk that way with us if here were here. I testify Jesus Christ lives. Sister Graff


I know that through the Atonement of Jesus Christ we can change and become better tomorrow than we are today.
By keeping the commandments He enables us to develop more "Christ like" attributes. We learn to love as he loved and learn to see the best in ourselves and others.
Sister Graff 

Decisions for Eternity

By Elder Russell M. Nelson


I am so thankful to know that President Monson is directed by Christ himself. I know this is Christ's church on the earth in these latter days. 
I love that he closes the conference with a prayer/blessing on our behalf.
Sister Graff

Till We Meet Again

By President Thomas S. Monson
There are so many other great talks as well,  that are not highlighted here.
My hope is that we will all make time to listen to them and read them often. Sherrill Graff

General Relief Society Meeting

All the talks from this meeting were heartfelt and well presented. I felt the Love of God and agreed with President Monson when we said. Someday you will look back on your trials and realize that God was with us every step of the way. I believe that to be true! Sister Graff

We Never Walk Alone

By President Thomas S. Monson

No comments: